Friday, October 12, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige

As soon as I heard that Maybelline had released a few new, limited edition shades of their Color Tattoo cream shadows, I knew I had to have them.  Well, one of them, to be exact:  Barely Beige. I was hoping it would be the perfect everyday base shade for me, something to even out my lids and add a little intensity to whatever powder shadows I layer over the top.

In the pot, Barely Beige appears to be a neutral champagne shade with subtle shimmer.


Champagne-y goodness


Isn't it gorgeous?!?

 
Swatched on my NW10-ish arm


It is beautiful, but on my cool-toned skin it pulls a little too peachy for my liking. Based on the name, I was hoping for a truly neutral beige.  It reminds me of the Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten, though maybe not quite as golden.  (I'm going by memory here, as I no longer own Kitten.  I ended up giving it to a friend because it was too warm-toned for me.)  I actually prefer Barely Beige to Kitten. I found Stila's formula to be kind of dry and gummy, while the Maybelline formula is creamier.

I wear Color Tattoos over a primer, such as Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I don't experience any significant creasing or smearing, though I do notice some fading after 5 to 6 hours.  That is not a deal-breaker for me, however. 

While Barely Beige didn't end up being the perfect neutral base shadow for me, I think it's a gorgeous, versatile product.  If you are into cream shadows in the champagne/beige/peachy family, you will probably love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment